Sunday, January 25, 2009

Art Stores





I am living in the Insadong area of Seoul. This area is known for it's art and antiques! I am trying acrylics while I am waiting for all of my oil painting supplies to arrive from home. I don't have to go far to find what I need. Within 2 blocks I pass lots of little shops each selling some sort of art supplies!!! I love shopping for paint and brushes!!! Here are some pictures of just a few of the little shops.

Shopping for the acrylics is more fun than painting with them though. They are a bit frustrating, but some talented friends gave me some valuable tips for working with them. Probably the most important was to remember that they are not oils and stop trying to pretend that they are.

Jay has the next few days off for the Lunar New Year! So we will be exploring more of the city. On Tuesday, a friend from church is going to show us where there is a grocery store in our neighborhood and her favorite place to eat! That should be fun. So far the only grocery stores close by (we don't have a car) are little 7-11's or Family Marts. We were excited to see an IGA not far away but it has the same things as the 7-11. We do get to larger grocery stores, the EMart, Lotte Mart, and Costco when we need to. Our apartment building has regular bus trips for those, which has been helpful. I will have to take pictures of the grocery store next time Jay comes with me, it is a whole different experience than back home.

1 comment:

  1. I found you!!!

    I'm anxious to see what you come up with. I bet you will figure out how to "plastic" paint. lol

    ReplyDelete